Margaret A. Strickhouser
After 40 years in midwifery practice in Atlanta area, Margaret continues to be a never-tiring advocate for her patients.
- Co-founder of Atlanta Birth Center
- Founder and Director of Midwife Services for Intown Midwifery
- One of the first obstetrical providers to offer waterbirth in the Atlanta area
- Has delivered more than 5,000 healthy babies!
- Holds a BS in Nursing from St. Andrews Presbyterian College, Laurinburg, NC; and from Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing, Charlotte, NC; an MS in Maternal and Child Health from Emory University, Atlanta, GA; and CNM from Downstate Medical Center, New York, NY
Anjli Aurora Hinman
Anjli strongly believes in empowered childbirth, the power of having a supportive team for laboring women and ensuring the best health of every child through excellent prenatal care.
- Co-founder and Executive Director of Atlanta Birth Center
- Trained/worked at several Atlanta area hospitals including Emory Midtown Hospital, Northside Hospital, North Fulton Regional Hospital, and Atlanta Medical Center.
- Holds a BS from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI; MPH in Maternal and Child Health from Boston University, Boston, MA; and MS in Family Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwifery from Emory University (Summa Cum Laude), Atlanta, GA
- Institute of Medicine Committee Member 2009- 2010 on the Future of Nursing
- Welcomed her baby boy in 2014 at home supported by her wonderful husband, mother, sister, midwives, and doula.
Linda A. McCauley
Professor and Dean of Emory University’s Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Hold a BS in Nursing from University of North Carolina, an MS in Nursing from Emory University, and a PhD in Environmental Health and Epidemiology from University of Cincinnati.
- Previously Associate Dean for Research and the Nightingale Professor in Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing.
- Dr. McCauley has special expertise in the design of epidemiological investigation of environmental hazards and is nationally recognized for her expertise in occupational and environmental health nursing.
- Serves as a member of the Institute of Medicine, and active on their Membership Committee, Environmental Health Roundtable and the Board of Population Health.
- Serves as a member of the National Advisory Environmental Health Sciences Council.
Paul K. Nieminen
Paul is an experienced leader of transformational change at the individual, organizational, and community levels.
- Director of Organizational Development at UPS, working globally for 19 years.
- Qualitative Researcher, Social Scientist, and Ethnographer completing all coursework for a Ph.D. in Human Resources Development.
- Active leadership delegate, trusted servant, and facilitator within recovery, counselling, and spiritual communities.
- Strong advocate for fatherhood and father’s rights providing a community for peer to peer support.
- Father of two brilliant and empowered young women who were both born practicing conscious birthing and with the assistance of a doula.
Rich is a strategic and graphic facilitator with extensive credits in marketing, technology and media.
- Founder and principal of Dangerous Kitchen, a strategic facilitation company
- Facilitator and consultant to Atlanta’s midwife and doula community
- Experienced strategist, researcher and consultant in medical marketing
- Business roles have included CEO, COO, Technical Director, Creative Director, Interactive Director, Brand Strategist, Account Director and Executive Producer
- Masters degree in production from the University of Miami, FL
- Married to a doula and proud father of two wonderful children caught by midwives.
Cristel brings a breadth and depth of knowledge across nearly all aspects of comprehensive fundraising programs, grant writing, and event planning catered to advancing the well-being of communities.
- Current chief development officer and chief communications officer for $25 milion system at Sheltering Arms Early Education and Family Centers
- Experienced member of executive teams honing skills in strategic thinking, planning, vision, budgeting, management, and leadership.
- Held development specific positions at United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Foundation, Hands on Atlanta, and Georgia Health Sciences University.