Anjli Aurora Hinman
Anjli strongly believes in empowered childbirth, the power of having a supportive team for laboring women and ensuring the best health of every child through excellent prenatal care.
- Co-founder and Executive Director of Atlanta Birth Center
- Trained/worked at several Atlanta area hospitals including Emory Midtown Hospital, Northside Hospital, North Fulton Regional Hospital, and Atlanta Medical Center.
- Holds a BS from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI; MPH in Maternal and Child Health from Boston University, Boston, MA; and MS in Family Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwifery from Emory University (Summa Cum Laude), Atlanta, GA
- Institute of Medicine Committee Member 2009- 2010 on the Future of Nursing
- Welcomed her baby boy in 2014 at home supported by her wonderful husband, mother, sister, midwives, and doula, and with the same wonderful team welcomed her twin daughters in 2018.
Cristel brings a breadth and depth of knowledge across nearly all aspects of comprehensive fundraising programs, grant writing, and event planning catered to advancing the well-being of communities.
- Current development lead at Westside Future Fund, a nonprofit formed by Atlanta’s public, private and philanthropic partners who believe in the future of Atlanta’s Westside and are committed to helping Historic Westside neighborhoods revitalize and develop into a community Dr. Martin Luther King would be proud to call home.
- Experienced member of executive teams honing skills in strategic thinking, planning, vision, budgeting, management, and leadership.
- Held development specific positions at Sheltering Arms Early Education and Family Centers, United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Foundation, Hands on Atlanta, and Georgia Health Sciences University.
Heba is an enterprising and innovative healthcare business strategist with a 25+ year career in key leadership roles, earning a reputation for overcoming the challenging obstacles to growth and development impacting healthcare organizations.
- Led business and quality initiatives in mission-critical areas such as operational turnarounds, culture change, leadership development, technology optimization, and facilities planning.
- A Certified Medical Practice Executive, holds an MPA, with a concentration in Healthcare Finance from New York University and a BA from Virginia Tech.
- Enlisted to envision and execute a strategic plan to help grow Laureate Medical Group, she set the building blocks and spearheaded growth over a 14-year period, overcoming a deep economic recession to position a thriving healthcare organization for acquisition in 2012
- Honored with Atlanta’s Top Workplace Award for 2011 and 2012
- Consistently achieved targets for all third-party and CMS performance-based bonuses, including Meaningful Use and PQRI
Melanie has strong visions of promoting equality and compassion across work and health sectors, and started her own consulting business addressing diversity and inclusion with an expertise in studying the effects of racism and bias in organizations
- Has worked as a marketing executive for over 15 years.
- Is committed to her community and through her leadership has made a significant impact on women and children’s issues.
- Holds a MBA in management and has sought additional training in psychology, stigma and prejudice, and human resource development
- Holds Atlanta Birth Center close to her heart as she welcomed her daughter there in 2018 and believes strongly that women deserve exceptional maternity care.
Joyce is an advocate for women’s empowerment in all decisions involving the birthing and pregnancy process. Although her professional arena is the legal arena, she has always been active and involved in volunteering in and helping make holistic pregnancy options available to all women
- A lawyer and judge by trade, Joyce received her Bachelor degrees from Louisiana State University and her Juris Doctorate from Emory University here in Atlanta.
- She was thrust into advocacy after witnessing several friends and loved ones forced into having cesarean sections and epidurals. She shared their frustration with the medical hurdles surrounding pregnancy and delivery on their own terms.
- She is motivated to help mothers and their babies have an increased chance at overall healthier and more successful and empowering pregnancies and births that are enhanced by the more holistic approach provided at a birth center.
T. Brandon Waddell
Brandon is a lawyer who has devoted his career to advising and advocating for people and businesses that impact the communities they serve. As the father of a child born at the birth center, Brandon is deeply aware of how vitally important Atlanta Birth Center is to our community and dedicated to ensuring it thrives and that the holistic, deeply personal, client-centric care it provides to women and families is available to anyone who needs it.
• Brandon has served as an advocate and advisor to businesses and individuals in a wide variety of matters, including ones vindicating constitutional and voting rights, pursuing class actions to protect federal statutory rights, enforcing contractual obligations, and protecting artists’ intellectual property.
• Before entering private practice, Brandon worked for the United States judiciary for nearly five years.
• Brandon and his wife welcomed their son into the world at Atlanta Birth Center in 2019, supported by ABC’s brilliant midwives, staff, and their incredible doula. So Brandon’s passion for ABC is personal as well as principled.