- This event has passed.
Birthing From Within 12-hr Weekend Intensive
January 18 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
This series will be led by Pam Roe, Certified Birthing From Within Educator. Birthing parents and partners will meet from 9:30am – 5:00pm on Saturday and 12:00pm – 6:00pm Sunday. Your investment for this class is $295 per couple.
Our work follows the guiding principles of Birthing from Within®
- Childbirth is a profound rite of passage.
- Parents’ individual needs and differences determine class content.
- The purpose of childbirth preparation is to prepare mothers to give birth in awareness, not to achieve a specific outcome.
- Pregnancy and birth outcome are influenced by a variety of factors, but can’t be controlled by planning.
- Parents deserve support for any birth option which might be right for them (whether it be drugs, cesarean, home birth, or bottle-feeding).
- Pain is sometimes a part of childbirth but much can be done to alleviate suffering.
- Pain-coping practices work best when integrated into daily life, rather than “dusted off” for labor.
- Partners help best as “birth guardians” or loving partners, not coaches. They also need support.
- Childbirth preparation is also parent preparation.
To sign up, visit: https://emergebirthservices.com/birthing-from-within/